Monday, April 6, 2015

The Advantages and Challenges of Being a Language Teacher


Last weekend, I was lucky enough to address a group of second year Linguistics students at my host institution, the National University of Science and Technology NUST MISiS here in Moscow as part of a "Professional Orientation Seminar" arranged on their behalf by Linguistics professors.

The students are at a crucial point in their education. This seminar, they must choose to follow one of two tracks for the remainder of their time at the university. They can follow the teaching track or the translation track. Accordingly, professional translators and teachers spoke at the event and tried to give students a realistic idea of what its like to do translating and/or teaching as a career.

All-in-all, it was a great event and a very positive experience for me. I've included a link to my presentation below.

Presentation: To Be or Not to Be...an (English) Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment